CHP Home Care & Hospice is offering support for children and youth dealing with issues related to the loss of a special person in their lives.
“Summer survival bags” and Rays of Hope Zoom group meetings are available through CHP Hospice each month this summer.
Survival bags will include activities and lessons for kids to complete with their families. They will also have crafts and other goodies with the purpose of providing meaningful ways for kids and their families to cope with grief and loss during this time of social distancing.
Zoom group meetings will provide youths with the opportunity to meet with others their age who are dealing with similar loss-related feelings and issues. The meetings will be led by CHP Hospice social workers and are generally appropriate for ages 9-17. Groups may be sub-divided by age depending on registration.
Families must RSVP to receive bags and to participate in Zoom meetings. Dates for CHP summer bereavement support for kids:
- Bag Pick-up: Jun. 12, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Deadline to RSVP: Jun. 8
- Zoom Group: Jun. 15, 2 p.m.
- Bag Pick-up: Jul. 10, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. – Deadline to RSVP: Jul. 6
- Zoom Group: Jul. 13, 2 p.m.
- Bag Pick-up: Aug. 7, 8 a.m – 5 p.m. – Deadline to RSVP: Aug. 3
- Zoom Group: Aug. 10, 2 p.m.
For questions or to register for Summer Survival bags and/or Zoom group meetings, contact Laurie Hockenberry at 419-782-4131.