CHP is dedicated to providing bereavement support to those who have lost a loved one. Bereavement can range from support groups to grief camp for children. Our bereavement support can greatly help family member and friends get through difficult times after a loved one has passed away.
Bereavement support groups are free and available to support those grieving the loss of a loved one.
- A New Morning group meets the second Saturday of each month at 9:30 am at the Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Center.
- The Tomorrow’s Angels group in Celina meets the first Tuesday of each month at 10:00 a.m.
- The Archbold group of Hope for Tomorrow meets each third Tuesday of each month at 6:30 p.m.
- Defiance’s Hope for Tomorrow group meets second & fourth Thursday of each month at 8:30 a.m. at the Defiance Inpatient Hospice Center.
- Our Bryan office’s Hope for Tomorrow group meets the third Thursday in November and December but returns to the fourth Thursday beginning in January.
Both the Defiance and Van Wert Inpatient Hospice Centers hold memorial services each year to remember those loved ones who passed away. The service is open to the public as well as families who lost a loved one at CHP’s inpatient hospice centers. Our Bryan and Archbold offices also hold a butterfly release in memory of loved ones lost during the year.
Rays of Hope grief camp for children who are ages 6 to 17 is also offered by our Van Wert, Defiance, and Archbold/Bryan offices. These day camps are free to any child who has lost someone special in their lives. Kids take steps toward healing with help from CHP Hospice grief counselors. While in small peer groups, they learn what their feelings mean and how to cope with grief in a healthy way. Children are able to remember their loved one while also having fun because that is important too. Camp activities in the past have included rock climbing, crafts, swimming, and much more.
This year’s camp dates are:
- Van Wert- June 27 to 29
- Archbold/Bryan- July 18-20
- Defiance- August 8-10